Depth of Field Episode #5:
The Future of the Photography Industry: Shifts and Trends with Photo Director Tracey Woods
CLICK TO WATCH/LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE
Here’s what to expect from this episode:
In this episode of Depth of Field, host Penny De Los Santos meets with award-winning visuals director and producer Tracey Woods to discuss shifts and trends in the photography industry. They provide many insightful takeaways for creatives who are seeking a fulfilling career in today’s evolving world.
Underrated skills for photographers: Tracey recommends taking courses that many people forget about but that are essential in today’s world. Discover which skills can heavily influence a creative career that no one talks about.
Put down the camera: Tracey highlights the importance of finding inspiration for photography through diverse outlets. She shares several surprising artistic pursuits that have sparked inspiration and creativity in her career.
Photographers, content creators, and influencers: Social media and the rise of video have changed what it means to be a photographer these days. Penny and Tracey dive into what the differences between these roles are, how they are evolving and shifting, and how to use photography skills to enter an untapped market.
Join them as they explore the future of photography and content creation through this conversation on industry shifts and current trends.
Topics covered on this episode:
- What to do when you are undervalued
- Which top underrated skills photographers should learn
- How to find inspiration outside of photography and Tracey’s other creative pursuits
- Current trends such as AI, social media, content creation, and the role of video
- The differences between photographers and creators; influencers and content creators
- The importance of finding support and a community
Connect with Penny:
- Watch the video of this episode and many more on YouTube
- Find more episodes and learn how to work with Penny at pennydelossantos.com
- Keep up with Penny and the Depth of Field podcast on Instagram at @pennydelossantos.
- Connect with Tracey at traceywoods.com and on Instagram @traceysees
- Check out The Luupe’s website theluupe.com and on Instagram @theluupe
- Hunt down Tracey’s favorite book, From My Window by Andre Kertesz
- Episode 01: Discovering Inspiration through Podcasting with Photographer & Creative Director Penny De Los Santos
- Episode 02: Navigating Your Dream Job through Confrontation with Filmmaker Hope Hall
- Episode 03: Finding Your Voice as a Storyteller with National Geographic Photo Editor Elizabeth Krist
- Episode 04: Focusing on the Work with Creative Director Tirso Gamboa
More about Depth of Field: A Creative Change in Perspective
Find inspiration and creativity with your host Penny De Los Santos. Listen to interviews with other visual storytellers, photographers, chefs, mentors, editors, and creative directors about those times in our creative lives when we feel a little lost and uninspired.
Penny is a photographer, director, and a visual storyteller, with over 20 years of experience in the photography industry.